Alternative Summer Camp for Youth 8-13 years old
“Pathways to Peace”
Monday – Friday
10am – 3pm
July 18 – 22, 2016
July 25 – 29, 2016
Interfaith Peace Network of Western New York
SSJ Sister Karen Klimczak Center for Nonviolence
Western New York Peace Center
2 Gatherings: Vigil 7/10, 4pm, Mt Olive; Racial Solidarity Rally, Noon Tues 7/12, Niagara Sq
Please join us
* TODAY, SUNDAY 7/10 at Mt Olive Baptist Church at 4pm for a Citywide Prayer Vigil
* TUESDAY 7/12, at Noon at Niagara Square for a Racial Solidarity Rally
See below for more.
We need to stand together and work together justice, nonviolence, and peace in our Beloved Community.
Darkness cannot drive out darkness – only light can do that. Hate cannot drive out hate. Only Love can do that. –Rev. Dr. Martin Luther King, Jr
After we have had two black men killed by police within 24 hours, gathering together as a community for healing and solidarity is vital. Such violence has got to stop!
Please join us as we join with the Concerned Clergy Coalition of WNY at the Mount Olive Baptist Church, 701 East Delavan (near Grider), on Sunday, July 10, at 4pm. The city-wide prayer vigil will be outside.
Please join us too at the Community Speak Out on Ethical Peace Officers on Monday, July 18, at the Gloria J. Parks Community Center, 3242 Main, 7-8:30pm. Training and culture can be changed, who is hired and how breaches are handled must be changed too. This is the second in a series, with information and discussion to help us work together, creating the culture of peace and justice that we all need.
You also might want to
* make emergency calls re legislation for Stopping Gun Violence through Congress
Support sensible Gun Violence Reduction Legislation, and PREVENT SHAM LEGISLATION!
Please call Paul Ryan at 202-225-3031 and your reps at 202-224-3121 (Congressional Switchboard) and tell them you want them to support:
1. Rep Jackie Speier [D-CA-14] Fix Gun Checks Act of 2015: H.R. 3411
2. Rep Tim Murphy [R-PA-18] Helping Families in Mental Health Crisis Act of 2015: H.R. 2646
3. Rep David Cicilline [D-RI-1] Assault Weapons Ban of 2015: H.R. 4269
4. Rep Peter King [R-NY-2] Denying Firearms and Explosives to Dangerous Terrorists Act of 2015: H.R. 1076
New Yorkers Against Gun Violence – http://nyagv.org/
* check out article countering President Obama’s misrepresentation of the drone program and the war crimes being committed.
* support activist Nate Buckley at a court date coming up on Tuesday, July 12 at 10am in the Federal Court House 2, Niagara Square. If you can come, bring your state issued photo ID and be prepared to pass the courthouse’s tight security. The hearing is in the chambers of Judge Michael J. Roemer. For more info, contact Nate at firstname.lastname@example.org
Peace and Courage, and why not love?. Vicki
Victoria Ross Executive Director
WNY Peace Center Consultant
Interfaith Peace Network
I believe that unarmed truth and unconditional love will have the final word in reality. That is why right, temporarily defeated, is stronger than evil triumphant.
Martin Luther King Jr